Business Development Advisor
This is a part-time (0.6), fixed-termcontract for 6 monthslocated at the Townsville campus. Classified as HEWL 6 the remuneration ranges from $73,429 - $79,531pro rata, per annum plus employer contributed superannuation.
Further information is available on our website;Graduate Research School
Duties and Accountabilities
The Graduate Research School JCU seeks a Business Development Advisor to administer the APR Intern program for Higher Degree by Research Candidates at JCU. The position is 0.6 FTE (3 days per week) until 19 February 2019 with a view to a possible extension of the contract.
Working at the nexus between industry and academia, APR.Intern is a not-for-profit program, open to all universities and industry sectors including small-to-medium and large enterprise as well as government agencies. APR.Intern provides a platform for business to further develop and innovate through short-term 3-5 month tightly focused research projects, and gives postgraduate students the opportunity to apply highly analytical research expertise to the project while gaining invaluable experience in an industry setting.
Under the general direction of the National Program Manager, the following tasks and initiatives towards growing the APR.Intern Program would be undertaken:
- Work autonomously on specific projects and closely with senior business development team members to pursue business development activities such as networking and cold calling on a daily basis and build a new business development pipeline.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders including industry, academic researchers and university partners
- Work closely with key program partners to generate and execute new collaborative initiatives to drive business growth
- Contribute to strategic business development initiatives including marketing campaigns and special projects as required
- Meet business development KPIs as negotiated with the National Program Manager
- Work closely with the faculties of James Cook University to implement key strategic activities to identify appropriate academics and students for industry interest.
- Assist in the coordination of external partner-focused events and communications, including information sessions and workshops to address the needs of industrial partners and other stakeholders
- Co-ordinate, in a timely manner, the end to end internship process: planning, interviews (industry partners, academic staff and PhD students), identifying delivery outcomes and all relevant paperwork e.g., exit surveys to be completed after commencement
- Exercise a duty of care in relation towards the students throughout the internships.
- Handle multiple priorities and demonstrate initiative in managing internships, accounts, projects/ events, to a successful conclusion
- Liaise with prospective students and academic mentors on a weekly basis providing status updates on placement opportunities
- Completion of a relevant tertiary degree, at either or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in any area of the STEM disciplines
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- excellent written and verbal skills with ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences using multiple channels
- sound public presentation skills at client facing meetings, and networking events
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic commercial partnerships and to foster strong collaborative and productive relationships
- Experience with industry-based PhD programs or postgraduate internships or PhD qualification in research or related postgraduate qualification
- Business development experience
- Strong planning and organisational skills. Experience in the use of a client database management system and a wide range of business software applications and tools including MS Office suite (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Self-motivated and flexible in responding to changing work priorities, with the capacity both to work independently and to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research in a non-academic setting and a commitment to university-industry collaboration
- Experience with the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management system
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Willingness and ability to undertake frequent regional and domestic travel and flexibility to attend occasional after hours events and meetings to represent the APR Intern Program
How to Apply
The position description is attached. To express your interest in this position, please submit to email@example.com the following two items:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Letter outlining your suitability for the role, which references the below list of characteristics that the ideal candidate would have.
Please contact the nominated contact person below, should you:
- Have any questions regarding this position;
- Require any additional support in order to apply for this position;
- Require status updates throughout the selection process.
Lauretta Grasso can be contacted on (07) 4781 5624 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org