Professor of Additive Manufacturing Engineering
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Professor will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the area of additive manufacturing engineering and promote the School within relevant corporate, government, industry, academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Leading major research projects as a chief investigator, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Leading and sustaining research collaborations and partnerships which have demonstrable outcomes.
- Teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the Cloud) at the national and international levels.
- Providing innovative leadership towards the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Mechanical or Manufacturing or Design Engineering or a relevant area.
- Proven research strength in Additive or Advanced Manufacturing or a similar area of interest to the School.
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, with industry and with education and research institutions.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Richard Shields, Tel: +61 3 8610 6135 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.