PhD Position in Supply Chain Management in Manufacturing
The Production Management research group at MTP are inviting a candidate to join our team. We do innovative and empirical research to improve production and logistics in industrial supply chains. We are looking for creative PhD students with research interests within supply chain management, production planning and control, or mass customisation.
Supply chains are becoming more effective and efficient thanks to digital technologies. Manufacturers aim to create integrated supply chains with their partners and exchange data with them, thereby increasing the transparency of the entire supply chain. The main objective of the PhD-project is to develop concepts and methods to support this transformation.
The position is financed by the research project RESPONS - Smart planning of integrated supply chains in maritime equipment manufacturing. NTNU, SINTEF, Møreforskning, Brunvoll and Servi collaborate to develop integrated supply chains and better operations through digitization. The research will include extensive collaborations with the industrial partners throughout the whole period.
A suitable candidate should
- have a Master's degree in Production Management, Operations Management, Supply chain management, or Logistics, but the position is also open for an integrated MSc and PhD education.
- have an affinity for industrial and case based research
- be highly motivated with a good grade average (minimum overall grade B, corresponding to 120 credits).
- be able to work both in a research team as well as carry out individual research projects
- have good knowledge of English and a Scandinavian language.
- attach a two page description of a PhD research plan.
It would be considered advantageous if a candidate also has:
- enthusiasm for applied research
- experience from industry
- done courses and projects at NTNU's master programs in Production Management
The positions include full financing for four years including 25% duty work at Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Work location is primarily NTNU in Trondheim, Norway.
Conditions of appointment:
PhD Candidates are remunerated in code 1017, and are normally remunerated with a gross salary NOK 436.900 before tax deduction. There will be a 2 % deduction to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund from gross wage. As a member of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund you are offered:
- A good pension scheme A favorable housing loan interest Good insurance schemes
Applicants for a PhD will have to engage in an organized PhD training program, and appointment in the position requires approval of the applicants plan and qualifications for the PhD study within three months from the date of commencement of the PhD position. See https://www.ntnu.edu/iv/phd-information and https://innsida.ntnu.no/doktorgrad for more information.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government's policy of balanced ethnicity, age and gender. Persons with immigrant background are encouraged to apply. NTNU´s objective is to increase the number of females in scientific positions and female applicants are therefore encouraged to apply.
According to the new Freedom of Information Act, information concerning the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the list of applicants.
Applications must contain information of educational background and work experience, reference person(s), CV, possible publications and other scientific works, certified copies of diplomas, transcripts and reference letters. In addition a project description of 1-2 pages including a short presentation of the motivation for a PhD study, how the applicant sees his/her background suitable, the applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the PhD position and how the competence of the applicant can contribute to solve these challenges.
Note that diploma supplement or similar, that also include the grade scale, has to be attached for master diplomas outside Norway. Master diploma from China has to be verified by CDGDC (http://www.chinadegrees.cn/en/).
For more information about the position, please contact Associate Professor Erlend Aflnes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications and attachments have to be submitted electronically through www.jobbnorge.no Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
Mark the application with ref.no IV-175/18
Anticipated commencement: Fall 2018, in agreement with the Department
Application deadline: 1 June 2018 About this job
- Deadline Friday, June 1, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Dep. of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Jobbnorge ID 152779
- Internal ID 2018/13854
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!