Learning & Event Technology Specialist II, IT Help Center
Serve on multiple service, platform, or project teams in a variety of roles such as Subject Matter Expert or Technical Lead, in support of established and emerging educational technology systems and services. Act as an Application Administrator or Backup for a service. Responsible to advise management on emerging technology set ups, testing and verification of the solutions and new installations.
Operate, install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot and provide advanced level support for a wide variety of established and emerging media, computer and classroom technology systems and services on the Charles River Campus. Focus on consistently providing best in class support to the technology Client community of faculty, staff and students, in the classroom and in support of all University meetings and events.
This position may entail working occasional and/or scheduled evening, weekend and/or holiday hours and being on call, as needed
Minimum of 4 years progressively responsible experience working in a in a related technology environment. Experience with Lecture Capture technology is highly preferred. Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in related discipline preferred. Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification preferred. Must hold a valid driver's license. Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (up to 75 pounds).
- Strong experience with lecture capture technology (Echo360 experience preferred.
- Equipment expertise includes LCD and/or DLP projectors, visual presenters, audio amplifiers and mixers, various audio and video switching devices and electronic control systems. Experience with sound reinforcement and lighting set ups.
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital signage solutions such as Visix.
- Working knowledge of video streaming platforms, video network delivery methods, video presentation layers and technologies, video streaming protocols (i.e. RTP, UDP, RTSP, HLS, RTMP, MPEG-DASH), and video codecs (i.e. H.264, MPEG2, vp8, ProRes) required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/wireless networking principles and application protocols, i.e. HTTp, HTTPS, SMTP, and FTP.
- Familiarity with remote assistance technology (i.e. Bomgar) and enterprise management software (i.e. Crestron Fusion).
- Working knowledge of media management systems such as Kaltura.
- Experience supporting computer hardware and software including Windows and OSX operating systems, desktop business applications, various specialized applications, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Experience with WordPress and web site content management and development.
- Must follow procedures and keep accurate records of incidents and requests while working in the field. Strong writing and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrate patience when problem-solving complex technical issues, over the phone and in person, with diverse customers.
- Learn and support new technology quickly.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong customer service skills absolutely necessary.
- Energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner. Work well with external vendors.
- Work well with both primary and dotted line reporting in a matrix environment.
- Work productively in cross-functional teams and/or resourcefully and independently as an individual. Must possess the ability to work autonomously and maintain control in rapidly changing situations. A high level of independent decision making is absolutely required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.