Client Support Specialist Lead, IS&T IT Help Center
Assist with building and developing the Service Desk team, including participation in recruiting and selection as well as on-going training and performance management initiatives for staff members. Assume supervision of junior staff, and provide leadership for the team including directing work, serving as an expert level technical and hierarchical escalation point, assigning tickets, resourcing staff on projects, and monitoring and evaluating team performance.
Serve as the BU community’s primary point of contact for all 200+ IS&T-provided IT services, leveraging enterprise knowledge and technical expertise to assess client needs and address all inquiries with the appropriate solution. Participate in multiple service, platform or project teams as a subject matter expert, technical lead, client lead and/or project lead/manager. Provide incident control, response, and resolution. Provide life cycle management for service requests, and ensure clear and concise client communication. Minimize the business impact of service failures by efficiently identifying the impact, urgency, scope, and severity of incidents and appropriately invoking the Major Incident response teams for life-safety, business transaction-critical, and teaching-related services. Provide an interface to other IT Service Management activities, IT Partners, and escalation groups.
Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and provide expert level support for a wide variety of areas including: client/desktop systems, mobile devices, calendaring/mail servers, web-based solutions. Focus is on consistently providing best in class support through collaboration with our faculty, staff, researchers, and students to update and improve business processes using IT solutions. Perform additional duties as required.
This position may entail being on call and working evening, weekend and/or holiday hours, as needed.
5-8 years experience in a related technology environment that includes a minimum of 1 year in a supervisory or management role leading technology teams. Bachelor's Degree in related discipline is preferred. CompTIA A+, HDI CSR and ITIL Foundations certificates preferred. Must hold a valid driver's license. Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with using and diagnosing Windows 7/8 and Mac OS X issues required. Must have the ability to troubleshoot software and network issues. Preferred experience with account management, Active Directory, databases, mainframe, and LMS systems including monitoring performance and file permissions. An understanding of restricted use data is also required. Should be comfortable with installing, configuring and upgrading Windows and Mac applications, various specialized applications, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP LAN/wireless networking principles and application protocols, i.e. HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP and FTP. Experience with WordPress and web site content management and development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with a variety of tools commonly leveraged in a complex enterprise environment such as remote assistance, asset management, image and deployment, patching, backup and restore, virus protection, and various native and centrally managed encryption solutions preferred.
- Inspire and engage junior level staff members.
- Must follow procedures and keep accurate records of incidents and requests while working.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Demonstrate patience when problem-solving complex technical issues, over the phone and in person, with diverse customers.
- Learn and support new technology quickly.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills absolutely necessary.
- Energetic, self-directed, motivated and professional individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Work well with external vendors. Work well with both primary and dotted line reporting.
- Work productively in cross-functional teams and/or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
- Must possess the ability to work autonomously and maintain control in rapidly changing situations. "
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.