The clinical instructor is responsible for the design, development and delivery of a medical education programme for clinical faculty working in the Clerkship Phase of the new undergraduate medical MD program at the College of Medicine (CMED), Qatar University. The clinical faculty require consistent knowledge and skills in teaching and learning related to the delivery of the Clerkship Phase and an understanding of the QU approach to components of the program such as clinical teaching, clinical educational supervision and assessment. The post-holder will work with Faculty in CMED,with the Clerkship Directors and Associate Clerkship Directors and with the Medical Education Team at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) to deliver a comprehensive educational programme for clinical faculty involved in the Clerkship Phase. The Clinical Instructor will report to the Associate Dean for Clinical Education at CMED and will work closely with the Head of the Clinical Academic Science Department and the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at CMED. He/she will have a close working relationship with all clerkship directors and associate clerkship directors responsible for specialties or hospital site delivery of clerkships and the medical education departments at HMC.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Head of the Clinical Academic Science Department, College of Medicine and other CMED faculty to assure that the education and training necessary is provided to clinical faculty to ensuring optimal implantation of the clinical curriculum in the clerkship phase of the MD program.
- Design and develop a comprehensive education programme to meet the requirements of clinical faculty involved in the Clerkships.
- Work with the admin assistant to schedule teaching sessions at appropriate times for clinical faculty to be delivered centrally in CMED and also in HMC Hospitals.
- Engage with Clerkship Directors and Associate Clerkship Directors and CMED Faculty to develop a team of educators to assist in the delivery of the faculty development programme.
- Deliver the education programme to clinical faculty involved in the Clerkships (This may on occasion require working outside the usual hours of CMED faculty(7.30-2.30 Sunday to Thursday) in a flexible manner.
- Support the mission,goals, objectives and activities of QU and complying with all its bylaws,policies, and rules.
Other duties as assigned.
- Medical doctor qualification preferable or a bachelor degree in a healthcare related field.
- Masters degree in clinical education or equivalent
- Track record and interest in teaching medical or clinical education.
- Evidence of having delivered faculty development or a course or courses in teaching and learning (desirable).
- Evidence of managing a faculty development program or equivalent. (desirable)
1. A three-year contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
6. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. End-of-contract indemnity.
Applications are required to follow the CMED template indicatingclinical experience, teaching, research activities and the list of allpublications found in PubMed into the link on the CMED webpage (http://www.qu.edu.qa/medicine/clinical_faculty/apply.php)
Applications should include: a covering letter describing the applicants interest in and suitability for the post; a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae that includes a list of publications, together with names, addresses, telephone, and email addresses of five referees. The application must be submitted electronically via QU I-Recruitment by 27 May 2018.
Anyone interested in applying forthis post should contact Professor Alison Carr ( email@example.com ) for further information.