Senior Lecturer/Reader in Earth Sciences
2 days left
- Full Time
Applications are invited for the post of Senior Lecturer/Reader in the Department of Earth Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, to commence no later than 1 September 2018.
Royal Holloway Earth Sciences is ranked in the top ten of UK geoscience departments for both research and student experience. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding geoscientist with PhD qualification and strong field mapping experience who will contribute to research, teaching and administration in the Earth Sciences department.
The Department is inviting applicants from a wide range of Earth Sciences subject areas, who will complement and strengthen our existing research portfolio and support our field-intensive degree programmes within the Earth Sciences Department.
The successful candidate will:
- pursue research of international quality that enhances, complements and/or extends the current research activities of our Earth Sciences Department at Royal Holloway.
- provide academic leadership in their field of expertise and contribute to the future development of research strategy and collaborative research projects.
- establish an externally-funded research programme with the aim of generating REF 4* research output, impactful research and contribute to our knowledge exchange activities.
- deliver and develop high-quality and effective classroom, on-line and field-based teaching at undergraduate and MSc level.
- have significant experience in student field training with demonstrated abilities in the development and delivery of field mapping programmes for UG geology students.
This is a full-time and permanent post and the successful candidate should be in post on 1 September 2018 ready for teaching in the 2018/19 academic year.
In return we offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including generous annual leave and training and development opportunities. The post is based in Egham, where the College is situated in a beautiful, leafy campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Prof. Jürgen Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone +44 (0)1784 443582.
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk. For queries on the application process the Human Resources Department can be contacted by email at: email@example.com.
Please quote the reference: 0418-151
Closing Date: Midnight, 30th May 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed