Zepler Institute Cleanroom and Facilities Manager
The University of Southampton’s Zepler Institute Cleanroom is part of the most technically complex building within the University and includes nanoelectronics, photonics, optical fibre and novel materials facilities supporting a current research grant portfolio of over £70M.
We seek applications for the strategically critical role of Zepler Institute Cleanroom and Facilities Manager from suitably qualified and experienced applicants. This role requires leadership with an exceptionally high level of skilled technical understanding, as well as excellent financial and people management capabilities.
The postholder will be key to the delivery of the long-term strategy of the Zepler Institute cleanroom complex and other laboratory facilities. Working closely with the Director of Cleanroom Operations, the postholder will be responsible for the operational management and delivery of financial and technical cleanroom strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and delivery of long term strategic goals for technical planning and implementation of maintenance, replacement and repair of plant and equipment
- Management of financial and other resources, including development of financial plans, effective resource allocation and monitoring expenditure across the complex
- Research programme performance management, including the production of formal reports
- Building and maintaining effective relationships and ensuring good communication and collaboration with key partners both internal and external to the University
- Oversight and management of user behaviour and training within the cleanroom complex
- Management and workload co-ordination of a team of core technical support staff
- Oversight of a large number of optical, electronics and ancillary laboratories and workshops
- Contributing to strategic plans for the complex that respond to the changing nature of the educational sector and support research, teaching and enterprise
We are seeking technically qualified candidates with extensive strategic level experience in management of a complex technical cleanroom/laboratory facility, Specific and significant technical knowledge of microelectronic and/or photonic fabrication processes and experience of cleanroom facilities management. A qualification or experience in Health and safety legislation and COSHH regulations is also a key requirement. Proven experience of successful strategic and business planning and financial management and evidence of excellent relationship management are also essential.
Eden Scott are acting as the Recruitment Partner for this post. For more information please contact Daniel MacNeill at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 131 550 1105.
Please note that any inquiries direct to the client will be re-directed to Eden Scott.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.