Research Fellow, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 month fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $66,706 - $90,532 pa Level A (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering aims to provide high-quality programs for undergraduate and research students as well as undertaking and publishing high-quality research. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Research Fellow to make a significant contribution towards the research effort of the Engineering department. In this role you will be conducting research for various projects as dictated by the supervising Academic within the discipline of Materials Science and Engineering
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- the conduct of research under limited supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently
- produce or contribute to conference and seminar papers and publications from the research
- limited administrative functions primarily connected with the area of research
- development of a limited amount of research related material for teaching or other purposes with appropriate guidance from other staff
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to make this role a success your application is encouraged.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs".
Mr Ian Wheeler, Departmental Manager, +61 3 9905 0001.
Monday 4 June 2018, 11:55 pm AEST