Professor, Global Wine Business
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The Faculty of the Professions is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is comprised of the prestigious Adelaide Law School, the School of Architecture and Built Environment, the Adelaide Business School, the School of Economics Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre, Institute for International Trade and the Centre for Global Food and Resources. The Faculty offers a contemporary, intellectually stimulating and rewarding working environment.
A unique opportunity now exists to appoint an exceptional individual in the Adelaide Business School.
The Professor of Global Wine Business will provide strong, cohesive leadership in the core responsibilities of education and research in the School and the Wine Business program. Integral to this position will be the ability to harness industry engagement and networking with the global community, and to encourage an environment of creativity and innovation in the School.
This part time (0.3FTE), fixed term position is available immediately for 3 years. Remuneration for this Level E position is negotiable.
- Evidence of the production of world class research related to wine business and the global wine industry.
- Skills in communication of research results not only to the research community but also to industry and government audiences through various channels, including events and contributions to the media.
- Experience in providing advice to wine industry enterprises and industry organisations on strategy, marketing, trade policy issues and other business development areas.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in fields related to wine business at the graduate level.
- The ability to provide advice and guidance on the design of and content of teaching activities related to wine business and the global wine industry, for award and non-award courses and including online delivery.
- The ability to mobilise networks of researchers and business leaders with interests in wine business and the global wine industry.
- PhD in a relevant field.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Prof Christopher Findlay, Executive Dean, Faculty of the Professions, telephone: +61 8 8313 3986 or email: Christopher.Findlay@adelaide.edu.au
Closing date: 4 June 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.