Assistant Professor in Environmental Health
The Assistant Professor of Environmental Health is expected to make an outstanding contribution to all activities of the College and the University and plays a significant role within their discipline or profession and has attained recognition at a national and international level. The incumbent is expected to play a major role and provide leadership in teaching, research, scholarship and academic administration.
The primary responsibility of an Assistant Professor in Environmental Health is to conduct teaching to assigned undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses and seminars/practicums. Additionally, the assistant professor is to serve as academic advisor to students; serve on department, school, college or university committees; engage in scholarly activities, and/or creative endeavours which contribute to the academic mission of the Department, School, College and University.For this appointment, the assistant professor is to be engaged in curriculum development activities; serve on school committees; supervise laboratories, independent study activities, and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships; and to render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual's academic specialty. Perform such other related tasks and duties as assigned.The successful applicant will also liaise closely with local and regional Ministry of Health and regional and international health agencies, industry advisory members, local and regional Environmental Health Institutes, government partners and industries to provide academic support for the department and School of Public Health and Primary Care.
- A PhD in Environmental Health or PhD in the relevant Medical /Health Sciences field including Environmental Sciences, Engineering with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or a good relevant tertiary (normally an aggregate of four years) teaching experience in the field of environmental health and public health engineering with significant experience in planning, developing and managing academic teaching and research programs, in particular for EH programs.
- Strong communication and time management skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines with high level inter-personal, personnel management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in essential EH services locally and regionally.
- Demonstrated experience in face to face and online teaching at PG level, curriculum development, research/publication, and consultancy in EH and general public Health is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise Master thesis and other Research/Higher Degree students.
- Demonstrated some peer reviewed publications in the area of EH or Public Health.
- Demonstrated strong engagement and liaison skills related to EH or Public Health in collaboration with key stakeholders locally, regionally, and other international agencies.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department of Epidemiology and Environmental Health