Assistant Professor in Primary Care
The Primary Care section of the Department of Primary Care and Nutrition in the School of Public Health and Primary Care (SPHPC) is responsible for the development, teaching and assessing the Public Health components of the MBBS programme to ensure quality learning outcomes are attained as per the approved relevant course outlines and programme document.
These learning outcomes will also contribute to the accomplishment of the MBBS Graduate attributes that have been approved by the College of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences (CMNHS). The Primary Care section with SPHPC works in active collaboration with the School of Medical Sciences (SMS), in CMNHS, who are the custodians of the MBBS Programme in the Fiji National University.
In addition, the Primary Care section convenes other post graduate programmes including the Master of Public Health in NCD, Post Graduate in Public Health Emergencies and Management and the upcoming Master of Sexual Reproductive Health and Post Graduate Diploma in Climate Change and Health. The section also teaches other post graduate programmes in the SPHPC.
This position will be based at SPHPC Tamavua Campus under the Department of Primary Care and Nutrition (DPC&N) and will be responsible to the HOS PHPC through the HOD PC&N.The incumbent will be part of the Primary Care team that is responsible for the Public Health component of the MBBS programme from Years 1-6. The appointee is expected to be a team player and will teach across the MBBS courses and co-convene these courses as well. He/she will also conduct community outreach activities, clinical attachments and assessments with MBBS students in various health facilities in Fiji and the region, and also assess them accordingly.
The appointee will also convene the post graduate courses and programme that is offered by the Primary Care section and will also teach other post graduate programmes in the SPHPC. He/she will also conduct research and consultancies that are put together by the DPC&N or as an individual and will also assist in the development of other new courses and programmes by the DPC&N.The incumbent will also perform other responsibility that is assigned by the HOD PC & Nutrition and the HOS SPHPC.
- A PHD in the relevant field of Public Health / Medical Sciences with either a formal tertiary teaching qualification or a good relevant tertiary (normally an aggregate of four years) teaching experience in the field Primary Care (PC), developing and managing academic teaching and research programs, in particular for Primary Care programs
- The appointee must have an MBBS degree.
- Strong communication and time management skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines with high level inter-personal, personnel management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in essential Primary Care services locally and regionally.
- Demonstrated some peer reviewed publications in the area of Primary Care or Public Health.
- Demonstrated strong engagement and liaison skills related to Primary Care or Public Health in collaboration with key stakeholders locally, regionally, and other international agencies.
An Assistant Professor shall have a demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the discipline through research and/or scholarship. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching they shall demonstrate the ability to make original contributions which expand knowledge or practice in their disciplines.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
Department of Administration