Senior Client Services Officer
The Service Delivery & Support (SD&S) portfolio within Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for the development, delivery, support and continuous improvement of a diverse range of information and communication technology (ICT) services at the University of Tasmania (UTAS).
The Senior Client Services Officer is responsible for providing technical support and advice to a specific area within UTAS or across a specific set of ICT services and/or facilities to UTAS through an administrative hub.
In the role you will:
- Provide technical and specialised advice in the delivery and support of a range of high-quality ICT services within an administrative hub.
- Configure, install and support technology in accordance with established ITS standards.
- Liaise with technical support staff and product vendors to resolve problems and identify technology requirements, and where necessary, following up to ensure product needs, requirements and problem resolution are met.
- Provide localised support and expert advice through recognised support structures in the areas of learning technology (e.g. videoconference, audiovisual, lecture recording, computers and networks).
- Provide support to project and working groups to facilitate the successful completion of projects and participate in user group meetings and demonstrations of various types of systems and software. Work collaboratively with the Team Leader, Service Delivery to ensure that there is a consistent, integrated and cohesive approach to ICT service delivery to the hub.
- Maintain an up-to-date and effective knowledge base of procedures for others within the Client Services team. Take a mentoring role for the Client Services Officers in the delivery and support of ICT services.
Based in Sandy Bay you will be employed on a full-time ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in computing or relevant field or extensive experience in an ICT support environment or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated high-level written and interpersonal communication skills at an individual and team level, with the ability to produce and maintain quality procedural and support documentation.
- Ability to work with limited or no supervision as part of a team including mentoring, managing of workloads and priorities.
- Proven commitment to high-level service delivery and experience in a customer service environment within the area of information technology. This includes a thorough knowledge of current developments in technology.
- Demonstrated organisational skills; including time management and prioritisation skills, problem resolution skills as well as a commitment to achieve organisational results.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with proven experience of providing service and support in a large scale managed computing environment. This includes expertise in support and troubleshooting for a range technology (e.g. software/hardware, audiovisual, videoconference equipment and/or computer operating systems) for a large networked environment.
- Knowledge of the university environment.
- Experience in application and/or server management.
- Knowledge of mobile platforms.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $95,962 comprising base salary within the range of $75,022 to $82,019 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Michael Dance, Team Leader, Service Delivery, Michael.Dance@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 6319.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 4 June 2018.