National Manager, Employee Relations and Safety
- Lead and manage a national team
- Implement employment relations and safety frameworks
- Full-time continuing position based in North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Employment Relations and Safety is responsible for the development, maintenance and application of workplace safety Frameworks within which HR provides advice, designs processes and delivers services. These Frameworks implement the comprehensive range of employment and safety Legislation, Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice.
As National Manager Employment Relations and Safety you will:
- provide effective leadership that promotes high standards of compliance across the university
- provide high level support, advice and guidance to senior officers of the University
- focus on high level employment relations and safety matters
- liaise with union officials on escalated matters.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- relevant degree, preferably postgraduate and significant relevant experience
- extensive knowledge and understanding of employment and industrial legislation
- proven experience in the development and execution of Employment Relations strategies and processes
- experience in managing and leading a geographically dispersed team of specialists.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
Total remuneration valued to $170,566 pa, including salary component $144,619 pa, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Ms Diana Chegwidden, Director of Human Resources on (02) 9739 2940.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 3 June at 11.55pm