Research Fellow in Air Pollution and Environment
- Join world class researchers
- Contribute to research activities by proposing original research in the field of environmental epidemiology
- Fixed term (5 years), full-time appointment located in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research (MMIHR) is focused on undertaking research that discovers and promotes effective strategies to create a healthier Australia. ACU provides the MacKillop with world-class research infrastructure that facilitates large-scale research studies.
The Research Fellow will contribute to research activities with specific focus on health impacts of transport and urban planning and policy, organising and/or supervising data collection and analysing data.
This role will play a significant part in international studies on the effects urban environments on cognitive and brain health led by Professors Ester Cerin (ACU - Melbourne) and Mark Nieuwenhuijsen (ISGlobal,- Barcelona, ACU - Melbourne) .
The position will include:
- co-leading the development of an international network of early and middle career researchers
- assisting in conducting research projects on environmental and lifestyle determinants of cognitive and brain health
- conduct health impact assessments of transportation and urban planning policies
- write research papers and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
To be successful for the role, you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in environmental epidemiology or related discipline
- experience in GIS spatial analysis, health impact assessment of transport and/or urban planning policies and traffic-related pollution modelling and monitoring
- an understanding of current research regarding environmental effects and lifestyle behaviours on cognitive and brain health
- a track record of high quality publications in relevant journals and conference materials.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $134,629 pa, including salary component $96,477 - $113,908 pa (Academic Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Professor Ester Cerin, Program Leader, Behaviour, Environment and Cognition Research Program on (03) 9230 8260.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Friday 8 June 2018