Development Manager, Alumni
- Raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships
- Full time, continuing role.
- $106,552 - $113,076 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
The Alumni and Advancement Office (AAO) is an outwardly facing unit of the University and engagement with stakeholders is a major element of most activities undertaken. The office undertakes major gift fundraising, alumni engagement and giving, donor stewardship and bequests.
About the role
The Development Manager, Alumni is responsible for developing and managing relationships with high net worth individuals in order to raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships. Duties in this role may include:
- Managing a portfolio of high net worth prospects in order to generate philanthropic funds for La Trobe University.
- Planning, developing, reviewing and amending cultivation strategies in order to find the best opportunities for individual prospects to donate.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for prospects to support philanthropically.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this position you will have:
- Completion of a university degree and/or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training or experience relevant to fundraising.
- Demonstrated senior experience in major gift fundraising, or equivalent from a business development context.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate their commitment to La Trobe University cultural values:
- Be Connected
- Be Innovative
- Be Caring
- Be Accountable
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 3rd June 2018
Position Enquiries: Alice Walter, TEL: 03 9479 3619 Email: email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no 556740 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.