Finance Business Partner
Description of Work Unit
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK and Asia. Universities in the US include: Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University, Suffolk University and Illinois State University.
INTO Colorado State University (INTO CSU) is a Limited Liability Corporation formed through the partnership of INTO University Partnerships and Colorado State University (CSU). CSU is one of the nation’s premier land-grant teaching and research universities with a total enrollment of over 28,000 students. The university has been consistently ranked as a top-tier institution by the U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges and Universities” and named by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine as one of the top public universities for its educational quality and affordability. Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountain foothills, the campus is located in Fort Collins, a city of approximately 144,000, 65 miles north of Denver.
This position will report directly into the INTO CSU Executive Director, with a functional responsibility to the INTO North America Senior Finance Business Partner.
The role will be the continuation and development of financial and budgeting processes that enhance center accounts, provide relevant financial information to key stakeholders and otherwise help the Joint Venture meet KPIs.
The successful candidate will be expected to be highly proficient in all aspects of business operations and contribute to the efficiency and profitability of the Center. This position is a key support role for the Executive Director, primarily supplying timely and accurate information to assist in critical operational decisions and to enhance business partner relationships. In addition to integrity and ethics, the Finance Business Partner will be expected to uphold:
- The CSU Principles of Community—Inclusion, Integrity, Respect, Service and Social Justice;
- The INTO Values—Purpose, Passion, Partnership, Pride and Performance;
- The INTO professional competencies—Communication, Teamwork, Customer & Student Focus, Role &
- Performance Focus, Solution & Innovation, and Change Management.
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization. Accountabilities of the position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Direct the Center’s financial functions and oversee the daily operations of the finance department.
- Oversee the operations of student billing and cash receipts.
- Compile annual budgets and periodic reforecasts.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements, which include analysis of monthly operating results against budget and review with management.
- Manage direct reports including managing team workflows, training, and appraisals.
- Manage and forecast cash flows.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors and external financial reporting for the engaged audit firm.
- Manage the preparation of tax return materials for the engaged tax firm and complete required tax reporting.
- Establish and maintain relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Assist in establishing and implementing short and long range department targets and procedures relating to the finance department.
- Establish controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with the university financial personnel, including regular review of JV financials.
- Protect assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls.
- Prepare and file all required state reports as well as business and contractor licenses.
- Prepare presentations as required for the JV Board and other key stakeholders.
- Provide support to the Executive Director and business partners, as needed.
- Assist with annual review of prices and Terms and Conditions.
- Contribute to and actively participate in overall INTO Global Finance Team.
- Prepare agendas, minutes, and necessary materials for the Finance Advisory Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance
- Experience working with accounting/operational software packages
- Knowledge of best accounting practices
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal supervision
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- MBA or CPA qualifications preferred
- New business start-up experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Financial Force
- Experience working in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with staff development
Skills and Abilities
- Competent IT and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment
- Desire and ability to engage with students and staff from across the globe
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals of diverse background and advancing diversity and equity causes
Special Instructions to Applicants
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT (PDF PREFERRED). BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED,
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Search Contact Mike Olin email@example.com, (970) 492-4690
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.