Lecturer in Mathematics - West Cumberland Medical Education Centre
The School of Medicine is seeking to recruit Lecturer to deliver Mathematics modules as part of the BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences (International) Foundation Entry Programme at the West Cumberland Medical Education Centre (WCMEC). This course is designed for international and UK students requiring a foundation route to undergraduate medicine, medical science and physician associate degrees. The post-holder will act as a tutor under the guidance of the course leader to develop and deliver modules for the teaching of mathematics, with an emphasis on problem solving and statistical analysis of biological and medical data.
Specifically, the post holder will:
- Plan and deliver learning experiences for international students to meet their individual needs.
- Take responsibility for the development of teaching and learning materials for the teaching of mathematics, including developing resources and identifying suitable materials such as textbooks and online literature.
- Work with the school administration team to ensure the maintenance of accurate student records.
- Be responsible for the marking and feedback of students work and liaise with other members of the team to ensure student progress across all aspects of the course.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and participate in social and cultural events as appropriate.
- You will be educated to degree level with experience of teaching Mathematics to 'A' level standard and have a post graduate certificate in education or an equivalent. Ideally you should also have experience of working with international students and have an awareness of international cultures. You will have excellent organisational skills and be flexible in your approach to teaching. The successful applicant will have a proven ability to work on both their own initiative and as part of a team.
Informal discussions are welcomed - please contact Susan Ellwood - firstname.lastname@example.org by email in the first instance.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This post is based at the UCLan Westlakes Campus in Whitehaven, Cumbria with some travel to partner organisations and the UCLan Preston Campus.
Please apply online; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quote the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
School/Service: School of Medicine
Hours: Part time (7.4 hours per week - 0.2FTE) term time only - 40 weeks per year
Basis: Fixed term for 1 year
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Preston
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Preston
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Preston
- £40,001 - £50,000 Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Preston