Senior Researcher in Helmintology
Job Title: Senior Researcher in Helmintology
Employer: Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, CULS Prague
Topic: Cytogenetic study of selected important helminth representatives
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS), Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources is inviting senior researchers focusing on Helmintology to submit an application for work stay.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: 4000,- Euros per month (gross)
Job type: Full time
Starting date: September 2018
Term contract duration: 6 months
The position is funded by EU, managing authority the Czech Operational Programme Research, Development and Education within the project “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
Stay will be focused especially on collaborative cytogenetic study of selected helminth representatives of health and/or economic importance, particularly nematodes and several flatworm parasites of livestock, game or fish. Based on the existing cooperation, a specialised cytogenetic laboratory will concurrently be established.
To be considered for the position, applicants must meet all these requirements:
- senior researcher who has worked for at least 2 years within last 3 years outside the Czech Republic in the field of requested research, minimum 0,5 FTE is required (the citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded)
- H-index min. 8,5 - calculated according to the guidelines provided in the normalization table below („Guidelines for the calculation of the normalized h-index“). Calculation of H-index value is based on Web of Science and Scopus. Researchers in social and human sciences does not have to fulfil this requirement.
- cooperation on international or national research projects within last 5 years as a principal investigator or investigator
- minimum three scientific papers published within last five last years
Application should contain:
- CV with the list of publications
- Documents confirming research activities outside the Czech Republic for minimum 2 years within last 3 years
- Brief description of proposed research including time schedule and expected research outputs
- Relevance of the proposed project for this research area
Please apply before June 11, 2018 by sending all required documents to email@example.com
About the employer:
The department of zoology and fisheries is focused on education and research in zoology, fisheries and related areas. Research performed at the department is split into the following sections: Parasitology, Entomology, Fisheries and Malacology.
Appendix 1: Guidelines for calculation of normalized H-index
Calculation of a normalized h-index for each senior researcher will constitute one of the appendices included in the project documentation. Researchers in social and human sciences do not have to meet this requirement.
H-index value will be calculated according to the following table:
Normalizing factor f: ℎ𝑁=𝑓×ℎ
Agricultural Sciences: 1.27
Biology & Biochemistry: 0.60
Clinical Medicine: 0.76
Computer Science: 1.75
Materials Science: 1.36
Molecular Biology & Genetics: 0.44
Neuroscience & Behaviour: 0.56
Pharmacology & Toxicology: 0.84
Plant & Animal Science: 1.08
Space Science: 0.74