£40k - £50k (depending on qualification and experience)
Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
SAE is part of the Navitas Group, which is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs, language training, student recruitment and workforce education.
In the Academic Coordinator role you will be responsible for the exceptional leadership and management of the campus educational programmes on campus and ensuring that we deliver outstanding student experience and outcomes.
The AC has academic oversight of all programmes, and in liaison with the Programme Coordinators ensures their effective delivery, monitoring and review. As part of the Campus Senior team, the AC is responsible for compliance of internal academic course standards, external regulatory frameworks and student experience.
- Academic leadership to ensure the effective operational coordination and administration of courses and the work of lecturing and tutorial staff;
- Participate in and contribute to on-going curriculum development and the continuous improvement of programmes to align with market needs and academic demand;
- Prepare relevant campus academic course reports;
- Providing reliable, timely and accurate information and advice for students relating to learning, teaching and assessment matters throughout their course of studies, and address and resolve course-related queries and concerns from staff and current and prospective students;
- Assess the suitability of prospective students and students requesting course retake options;
- Management of the academic team.
To be considered for the Academic Coordinator position you will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline area and academic management/ coordination, and five years professional/industry experience and teaching experience;
- Inspirational educator, people manager and proven track record of delivering course programmes which provide an outstanding student experience;
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Successful career experience within creative media or education industry in a leadership or management position;
- Ability to advise on the selection, development and use of appropriate educational strategies and technologies;
- Familiarity with the understanding of key regulatory frameworks and relevant legislation for the UK;
- Good extended knowledge of the creative media industries (programme discipline areas);
- Line management, achieving outstanding results and quality standards through others.
- An understanding of the education sector;
- Experience in working within a matrix/ international organisation.
- Refer to the job description for additional details about this role on our Careers website.
Navitas offers outstanding long-term career opportunities and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel you are suitable for our Academic Coordinator position, please apply now with your CV and Covering Letter.