1 day left
- Full Time
Educational Enhancement Unit
- Multiple positions available
- Ongoing, full-time appointments
- Level 6 ($78,222 - $82,729) or level 7 ($85,729 - $95,237) plus 17% superannuation
- Introduce cutting-edge ideas to teaching and learning and contribute to UWA’s recognition as a global leader in education and impacts on students’ learning experiences
About the team
The Educational Enhancement Unit enables innovation and excellence in learning and teaching across UWA. The unit supports the implementation of the University’s Education strategy, through the provision of hands-on support to academic staff, facilitating collaboration and sharing of best practice, harnessing pedagogical expertise and working closely with academic leaders to drive a consistent strategy of educational enhancement.
About the opportunity
This role focuses on providing training to Academics on utilising technology, including the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS), audio-visual and web development and other software systems, in order to enhance the quality of teaching and to better support students. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing professional development programs and teaching-related projects, with a focus on educational technology. You will be part of the Capability Development team, within the central Educational Enhancement Unit. However, your day-to-day operations will be based within one of the four Faculties, where you will partner with the Academics to implement strategies and initiatives that will enhance the quality of learning and teaching. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting academics to create coursework content using multimedia
- Providing support for the LMS and other learning technology systems (excluding technical trouble shooting)
- Supporting and training academic staff to increase capacity for autonomous use of learning technologies over time
- Providing transitional support to academic colleagues during implementation of new learning technologies or platforms
You will both be technology savvy and passionate about education, and possess experience providing training on utilising technology to enhance teaching and learning, with a track-record of applying contemporary pedagogical theories and practices in education. You will also be a team player with a positive attitude and a collaborative approach.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description:
Closing Date: 27 May 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Applications must be submitted online. Please submit a resume and a cover letter with your application. A separate statement outlining the key selection criteria is not required.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.