International Engagement Officer
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction. Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
The international portfolio within the Faculty of Arts operates a busy program of activity across student mobility, recruitment, international credit transfer agreements and research collaboration. It works closely with the Executive Dean, internal faculty stakeholders, Macquarie International, and the university HDR and Research offices to advance the Faculty Strategic Plan.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We are seeking an International Engagement Officer to support the internationalisation activities within the Faculty of Arts and to provide high level administrative support to the Associate Dean International and Executive Dean. Reporting to the Executive Dean, you will:
- Coordinate the organisation of international events and visitors and assist in the preparation of large scale events
- Develop a Faculty-wide approach to capturing international engagements
- Coordinate internationalisation activities with the Executive Dean’s office and conduct regular activity reporting for the Dean and the Faculty Executive
- Coordinate student promotion and recruitment for international mobility projects
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean, International including diary management and travel bookings
If you are a good communicator with a proactive nature and are flexible and resilient in your approach, then this is a role you will thrive in. Faculty encourage applications from candidates who actively demonstrate the values of the Faculty of Arts Professional Services Charter; teamwork, excellence, service, and innovation.
To be considered for this position please apply online and attach your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the following selection criteria:
- Substantial experience providing high level professional services in an administrative role
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a complex and high-volume environment
- Demonstrated initiative and experience developing and implementing process improvements
- Demonstrated experience interpreting data and preparing reports, preferably with exposure to maintaining budgets and student related information
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
Strong cross-cultural competency and skills in a language other than English will be desirable.
For further information, please view the position description below.
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com
Salary Package: From $81,434 to $89,889 p.a. (HEW Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Applications Close: Sunday 27th May 2018 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.