Learning Officer, Co-Curricular Services
- Join a cross-campus Learning and Teaching Advantage Team
- Full-Time, fixed term role until December 2018, based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $58,351 - $61,924 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The La Trobe University Library provides the University with a clear strategic advantage in learning, teaching and research through the provision of the best possible information resources and services to support the University's strategic plan. The Library Learning and Teaching team is responsible for ensuring that the Library’s learning and teaching programs and services contribute to student learning outcomes
As part of the Library Learning and Teaching team, this role provides accurate and timely answers or referrals in response to customer queries. This position assists with access and collections duties.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- The provision of high quality and timely customer service in all forms of interaction with our customers.
- Providing consistent and accurate information relating to Library, Student Services, and University services and resources.
- Deal with and respond to client queries and solve routine problems
- Provide accurate, timely referrals to other units of the Library and other areas of the University in response to clients' queries.
- Other duties can be found in the position description.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Qualifications with relevant experience and / or knowledge, training and experience relevant to the role.
- Customer service experience in an academic library or similar client service environment
- Experience and capacity for achieving as part of a team
- Experience with a range of systems or applications such as a library management system Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 27 May, 2018 (11:55pm)
- Donna Wileman, Coordinator, Client Experience, Library.
+613 9479 1577 email@example.com
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on +61 3 9479 1234.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.