Student Placements Administration Officer, School of Business
- Parramatta City Campus
- Remuneration Package: $93,003 to $99,724 p.a.
- Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 8 months
Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Australia’s fastest growing and economically significant Western Sydney region. The School of Business takes pride in educating students in an environment that is contemporary, challenging and adapted to a rapidly evolving world, and we seek enthusiastic people and emerging leaders to join our team. The School provides an innovative business education to the Greater Western Sydney region and beyond. Our comprehensive program is designed to lead to rewarding business careers in Australia and the global marketplace.
An exciting, full-time, fixed-term opportunity exists in the School of Business for a Student Placements Administration Officer.
The Student Placements Administration Officer will provide range of administration functions such as database maintenance, reporting activities and compliance administration to deliver student placement. The position will primarily undertake work on internships and placements for School of Business students including those at the Sydney Graduate School of Management and students undertaking outbound mobility units (NCP).
Major responsibilities will include:
- Provide a broad range of administrative functions supporting SGSM internships and undergraduate student placements.
- Liaise with Placement Providers to facilitate placement allocation and manage student placements on a day to day basis.
- Monitor and ensure completion of agreements.
- Ensure effective communication/feedback with stakeholders regarding placements.
- Assist with the coordination of projects in relation to the improvement of placement process.
- Efficient use of software packages to produce documentation in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the administration of School Outbound mobility opportunities, and work to increasing international mobility experiences across the School.
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Compliance Officer.
- Ensure accurate and efficient records management.
- Exercise judgement and initiative in case management and resolution of issues.
- Provide advice and support to students in relation to general placement enquiries.
- Ensure the application of the placement system in an expert manner for placement optimisation.
- Establish appropriate mechanisms for budget monitoring related to casual staff or temporary staff.
- Other duties commensurate with the level of this position that may be necessary from time to time as directed by the School Manager.
Remuneration Package: Higher Education Worker Level 6 - $93,003 to $99,724 per annum (comprising Salary $78,589 to $84,268 p.a. plus 17% Superannuation, plus Leave Loading).
Position Enquiries: Mr Warren Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9685 9103
Closing Date: 24 May 2018
Full details on how to apply for this position can be found at www.westernsydney.edu.au/employment/home/current_vacancies.