Student Engagement Officer, School of Business
- Parramatta City Campus
- Remuneration Package: $93,003 to $99,724 p.a.
- Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position for 8 months
Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led university, located at the heart of Australia’s fastest growing and economically significant Western Sydney region. The School of Business takes pride in educating students in an environment that is contemporary, challenging and adapted to a rapidly evolving world, and we seek enthusiastic people and emerging leaders to join our team. The School provides an innovative business education to the Greater Western Sydney region and beyond. Our comprehensive program is designed to lead to rewarding business careers in Australia and the global marketplace.
An exciting, full-time, fixed-term opportunity exists in the School of Business for a Student Engagement Officer.
The Student Engagement Officer works with potential and current under-graduate and post-graduate students to build and manage relationships with external stakeholders. The position will develop a range of initiatives that deliver positive outcomes for students, including the development of research and consultation opportunities for students, and the development of scholarship and other opportunities for students.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and current post-graduate and under-graduate students and external stakeholders through a range of avenues including networking events and direct communication with targeted contacts in relation to our engagement strategy.
- Assist with post-graduate and under-graduate recruitment, on-boarding and off-boarding and the further development of the SGSM Alumni group.
- Develop and maintain a database of current under-graduate and post-graduate student groups and external stakeholders.
- Support development of and implement strategic marketing and event plans and objectives for growing under-graduate and post graduate student numbers including scholarship opportunities.
- Plan, develop and execute School specific engagement events that raise the profile of the School across targeted potential student groups and external stakeholders. a. Regularly review and provide advice on engagement events to ensure meeting School plans.
- Coordinate School specific delegation visits, includes primary/high school on campus experiences, workshops and school visits, ensuring necessary resources are provided for these activities, including leveraging OMC templates, resources and guidelines.
- Liaise with the University’s International Office with respect to International Student requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate records management, using TRIM, and complying with University Policy.
- Other tasks as directed by the Dean or School Manager.
Remuneration Package: Higher Education Worker Level 6 - $93,003 to $99,724 p.a. (comprising Salary $78,589 to $84,268 p.a., plus 17% Superannuation, plus Leave Loading)
Position Enquiries: Mr Warren Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9685 9103
Closing Date: 24 May 2018
Full details on how to apply for this position can be found at www.westernsydney.edu.au/employment/home/current_vacancies.