Educational Enhancement Unit
- Multiple full-time positions and one part-time position (0.5)
- Ongoing opportunities
- Level 8 ($95,737 - $104,746) or level 7 $(85,729 - $95,237) - Pro rata if part-time - Plus 17% superannuation
- Provide professional development programs and partner with UWA Academics to enhance quality of teaching and support to students
About the team
The Educational Enhancement Unit promotes innovation and excellence in learning and teaching across UWA. The unit supports the implementation of the University’s Education strategy, through the provision of hands-on support to academic staff, facilitating collaboration and sharing of best practice, harnessing pedagogical expertise and working closely with academic staff to drive a consistent strategy of educational enhancement.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will be responsible for professional development programs and education-support projects in the area of learning design. You will be part of the Capability Development team, within the central Educational Enhancement Unit. However, your day-to-day operations will be based within one of the four UWA faculties, where you will partner with Academics to implement strategic projects and initiatives to enhance the quality of learning and teaching.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing University-wide projects at the local level
- Liaising closely and consulting with Associate Deans (Learning and teaching) for the implementation of the University’s education strategy at the local level
- Partnering with academics (especially unit coordinators) to guide and enable unit enhancement – encourage, facilitate, develop and support innovative teaching practices
- Understanding development needs of academic staff in the Faculty and contribute to the development and delivery of the University-wide academic development program
- Tailoring and developing local capability development programs where required
- Contributing to curriculum development and review to support implementation of innovative course and unit content
- Developing and sharing examples of best practice in learning and teaching across the university
- Facilitating sharing of good practice across the Faculty and with other faculties
- Supporting/participating in a community of practice
To succeed in this role, you will either possess experience in a similar role or degree / post-graduate qualifications with some teaching experience. You may also possess education qualifications and / or background of teaching at secondary or tertiary level. Experience in curriculum and assessment development will be an advantage. Your track record in applying education pedagogy theories and practices will be important to your success. You will also be a confident public speaker, a positive team player as well as possessing the ability to develop positive relations and rapport with a range of university stakeholders, in particular academic staff, both as individuals and in small group settings.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description:
Closing Date: 27 May 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Applications must be submitted online. Please submit a resume and a cover letter with your application. A separate statement outlining the key selection criteria is not required.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.