3 days left
- Full Time
Educational Enhancement Unit
- Ongoing, full-time opportunity
- Level 6: $78,222 - $82,729 plus 17% superannuation
- Apply your research background in education and pedagogies to introduce cutting-edge ideas to teaching and learning and contribute to UWA’s recognition as a global leader in education
- Opportunity for a research officer or recent graduate from a research program
About the team
The Educational Enhancement Unit enables innovation and excellence in learning and teaching across UWA. The unit supports the implementation of the University’s Education strategy, through the provision of hands-on support to academic staff, facilitating collaboration and sharing of best practice, harnessing pedagogical expertise and working closely with academic leaders to drive a consistent strategy of educational enhancement.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will work as part of the Education Enhancement Strategy team within the central Educational Enhancement Unit and will work closely with the Educational Researcher. As a Learning Analyst, you will conduct research on education, pedagogies, technologies and resources to introduce cutting-edge ideas to learning and teaching.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection to support strategic and operational decisions
- Conducting meaningful analysis of University-wide qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights, inform decisions and action
- Planning and coordinating the University’s data analytical approaches, tools and initiatives
- Contributing to the preparation of reports and recommendations
To succeed in this role, you will either possess experience in a similar role or a post-graduate research qualification(honours, masters or PhD) . A degree or background in teaching / education will be an advantage but is not essential. You will be passionate about enhancing learning and teaching and possess strong research skills including qualitative and quantitative data analysis. You will also be a team player with a positive attitude and a collaborative approach with a strong willingness to learn and develop new skills.
Closing Date: 27 May 2018
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description:
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Applications must be submitted online. Please submit a resume and a cover letter with your application. A separate statement outlining the key selection criteria is not required.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.