Senior Educational Adviser
2 days left
- Full Time
Educational Enhancement Unit
- Ongoing, full-time appointment
- Level 7 ($85,729 - $95,237) plus 17% superannuation
- Introduce cutting-edge ideas to teaching and learning and contribute to UWA’s recognition as a global leader in education and impacts on students’ learning experiences
About the team
The Educational Enhancement Unit enables innovation and excellence in learning and teaching across UWA. The unit supports the implementation of the University’s Education strategy, through the provision of hands-on support to academic staff, facilitating collaboration and sharing of best practice, harnessing pedagogical expertise and working closely with academic leaders to drive a consistent strategy of educational enhancement.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will be part of the Capability Development team, within the central Educational Enhancement Unit. You will focus on supporting Academics with applications for teaching awards, grant applications and on the management of scholarships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating learning and teaching scholarships and awards programs in accordance with the strategy
- Supporting academic staff with the development of the teaching awards and learning and teaching grant applications.
- Supporting the development of the education innovation strategy across multiple horizons (to meet present and future needs)
- Developing and managing strategic University-wide projects to drive education in accordance with the strategy
- Reporting on Faculty and University-wide performance and strategy implementation against targets
- Applying an extensive and in-depth knowledge to support the Associate Director in the development of the communication strategy for the educational enhancement function
You will possess excellent organisational and project management skills, and ideally have previous experience supporting academics with learning and teaching projects. Your understanding of learning and teaching in higher education will be critical to succeed in the role. You will also demonstrate a collaborative approach, a positive attitude and be able to work with a range of stake holders.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description:
Closing Date: 27 May 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Applications must be submitted online. Please submit a resume and a cover letter with your application. A separate statement outlining the key selection criteria is not required.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.