Program Manager, Research Communication and Outreach
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 8 (Administration)
Salary package: $95,894 - $102,664 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funding)
- Opportunity to contribute to evidence-based policy and program development in and on the Pacific region, through high-quality research communication and outreach.
- World class research environment
- Build relationships with stakeholders across research, government and development partner communities
The Department of Pacific Affairs (DPA) is seeking an experienced research communications specialist to lead its communication and outreach efforts.
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
DPA is a vibrant research unit in the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs. The Department is the leading international centre for applied research into contemporary governance issues in the Pacific. In addition to its scholarly goals, DPA maintains a strong commitment to active engagement with policy communities in the region and Australia.
DPA is currently implementing the Pacific Research Program (PRP) in consortium with the ANU Development Policy Centre and the Lowy Institute. Co-funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the consortium partners’ parent bodies, the PRP is a four-year program designed to be a globally pre-eminent centre of excellence for research on the Pacific that:
- Produces high-quality policy relevant research that is available, accessible and communicated to policy makers and program designers in Australia, the Pacific and from around the world;
- Plays a central role in fostering and facilitating a strong and vibrant Pacific-Australia-New Zealand-wide network of research on the Pacific;
- Is connected to Australia’s broader engagement with the Pacific and fosters a greater knowledge and understanding of the Pacific among the Australian community;
- Demonstrates a high degree of effectiveness in contributing to evidence-based policy-making and program design primarily in Australia and also the Pacific and around the world.
The Program Manager (Research Communication and Outreach) will develop a high-quality communications strategy to effectively communicate DPA research in line with the expected outcomes of the PRP. They will work closely with DPA researchers to communicate in-depth research on critical development issues to a diverse audience, including through new research outputs they will be responsible for developing. They will also provide expert advice to the DPA Management Committee on matters relating to research communications and outreach.
For more information, please contact Julien Barbara, Senior Policy Fellow
T: 6125 9612
Closing date: 10 June 2018
Position description: DPA ANUO8 Program Manager (Research Communication and Outreach).docx
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.