- Classification: Higher Education Officer Level 6
- Salary Range: $75,223 - $80,340 pa
- Employment Type: Continuing, full-time
- Position Reports to: Library Manager, Library Services
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Mrs Rachel Weishaupt
- Closing Date: 11:00 am, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Under general to broad direction, the Librarian will provide skilled and experienced support within the Library to support the Teaching and Learning and Research activities of the University. The position will be initially appointed to one of the following teams: Library Services*; Collections, College and Research Services; or Resources.
The Librarian may be required to move between these areas in line with Library needs. The position will utilise their expertise to resolve issues, provide advice, mentor other Library staff as required and proactively contribute to continuous service delivery improvement.
* The hours of duty in the Library Services team are in accordance with a prescribed roster. The standard working hours will vary between 8.00am to 6.00pm on weekdays. In accordance with the prevailing Flinders University Enterprise Agreement, the ordinary hours of a Librarian may, in accordance with a prescribed roster, include the provision of a reference service beyond 6.00pm on any day but within normal Library opening hours.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.