Client Services Officer
The Service Delivery & Support (SD&S) portfolio within Information Technology Services (ITS) is responsible for the development, delivery, support and continuous improvement of a diverse range of information and communication technology (ICT) services at the University of Tasmania.
As a member of the Client Services Team, the Client Services Officer is responsible for providing technical support and advice across a range of ICT services and facilities to the University through an administrative hub.
In the role you will:
- Provide technical and general advice in the delivery and support of a range of high-quality ICT services within an administrative hub.
- Configure, install and support technology (e.g. corporate computers, computer operating systems, networks) in accordance with established ITS standards. Develop and maintain procedural documentation through the ITS knowledge base and website.
- Provide support to project and working groups to facilitate the successful completion of projects and participate in user group meetings and demonstrations of various types of systems and software. Provide localised support through recognised support structures in the areas of learning technology (e.g. videoconference, audiovisual, lecture recording, computers).
- Liaise with technical support staff to resolve problems and, where necessary, follow up to ensure problem resolution.
Based at Burnie you will be employed on a fractional (0.5) ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in computing or a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Competent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to produce quality procedural and support documentation.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a professional approach to providing technical support and advice.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and experience in technology support for a large networked environment. This includes software/hardware support and troubleshooting (audiovisual, videoconference equipment, networking and/or computer operating systems). This requires a strong knowledge of current developments in technology.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team and to manage workload and priorities.
- Knowledge of the University environment.
- Experience in application and/or server management.
- Knowledge of mobile platforms.
- Must be able to interact effectively with senior staff, other providers of technical support services and contractors/consultants, and UTAS staff and students.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $87,190 comprising base salary within the range of $65,021 to $74,521 plus 17% superannuation (pro rata).
For further information about this position please contact Vanessa Garratt, Team Leader, Services Delivery, Vanessa.Garratt@utas.edu.au / 03 6324 3285.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 28 May 2018.