The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative assistance to the Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services (ITS) and the Executive Management team.
In the role you will:
- Provide high-level executive support for the Chief Information Officer, IT Services and the Executive Management team.
- Perform a full range of high-level administrative tasks associated with the day-to-day operation of the IT Services section.
- Coordinate and maintain the Chief Information Officer’s professional activities.
- Provide executive support to committees, including preparing agendas and minutes.
- Undertake the day-to-day processing of the section’s financial and human resources requirements.
- Provide advice and/or make recommendations requiring a detailed knowledge of policies and/or the interpretation of rules/regulations and entitlements to ITS management and staff.
- Coordinate information to prepare, compose and draft and/or critically review correspondence, memoranda, administrative, and financial reports, for the IT Services Executive Management Team.
Based in Sandy Bay you will be employed on a fixed-term, fractional (0.8) basis until 8 May 2019.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree or completion of a Certificate IV and/or extensive relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to perform administrative tasks accurately and with a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated competency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database operations and use of email and the internet.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in human resources and financial activities.
- Good organisational and planning skills, including the ability to use initiative, prioritise, solve routine problems, gather relevant information, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, and work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $81,601 comprising base salary within the range of $65,021 to $74,521 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro rata).
For further information about this position please contact ,Gillian Vosper, Senior Executive Officer, Gillian.Vosper@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 1987.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 29 May 2018.