Senior Improvement Analyst
Salary: $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus 17% superannuation (continuing and fixed-term for 2 years) 9.5% superannuation (fixed-term for 1 year)
The University of Melbourne is a leading international University, ranked number one in Australia with a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research. The Parkville campus is recognised as the vibrant hub of Australia’s premier knowledge precinct comprising eight hospitals, leading research institutes and a range of knowledge-based industries. Easily reached by public transport the campus offers a unique work environment, from our leafy outdoor spaces to modern workplaces. This role is located in University Services, a division of the University which provides shared services and has two innovation priorities: pivot to digital and evidence for action. University Services has recognised three contributions to success: people and partnerships, responsive service, and creating value.
The Business Improvement Group (Academic Services) is hiring multiple Senior Improvement Analysts who will be responsible for leading initiatives, delivering improvement activities, and developing capability within the organisation. The Senior Improvement Analysts play a key role in supporting Academic Services to improve the student and customer experience. Successful applicants must work well in a team environment and have strong communication and client service skills.
A total of five Senior Improvement Analyst positions are available and they will be a mix of continuing, fixed-term for two years, and fixed-term for one year.
The Senior Improvement Analysts will work in close collaboration with business teams, subject-matter experts, and other key stakeholders to understand business problems, identify opportunities for improvement, and lead or contribute to activities that support the development and implementation of innovative solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Improvement Analysts will engage with stakeholders across the University, including University Services and academic divisions (faculties, schools, and departments) and ensure that improvements are customer-centric. Projects may include supporting strategic initiatives or improvements to core activities that support the student lifecycle from admission to graduation. Improvements will be made to enhance the customer experience, increase efficiency and reduce waste, drive towards consistency of practice, and leverage system support of business processes to meet the needs of end users.
What you’ll need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience in business analysis and/or project management
- Expertise in business analysis and project management tools, techniques, and methodologies such as LEAN Agile Six Sigma or human-centred design
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to apply and interpret data
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate and provide clarity between business and technology teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, mentor, negotiate, and develop strong working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a flexible and changing environment, displaying initiative to achieve specified goals with changing priorities and tight deadlines
Close date: 24 May 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria