Program Manager, Diploma Programs
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
erse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
Macquarie University International College provides Foundation and Diploma programs to prepare international and domestic students for success in Macquarie’s undergraduate degree programs. Students who successfully complete a Standard Foundation or Intensive Program may articulate into the first year of an undergraduate degree while students who complete one of four Diploma Programs (Accounting, Commerce and Business Administration; Engineering; IT; or Media and Communication) may articulate into the second year of an undergraduate degree.
The College offers an innovative delivery model contained within a 6-week teaching term and 6 teaching Terms in the calendar year. Students undertake two units in a term.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Macquarie University International College as a Program Manager for Diploma Programs to oversee the delivery and future development of the Diploma of Accounting Commerce and Business Administration.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to utilise a combination of your extensive teaching, program development and project management skills, focusing on educational design and curriculum delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Diploma program delivery, day to day operations and the Diploma team
- Oversight of the design, development and implementation of curriculum and assessment
- Management of learning and teaching related projects
- Upholding of quality assurance practices and reporting on academic outcomes
- Recruitment and training of teaching staff
- Liaison with other University stakeholders including professional and academic staff
- Management of student cases (discipline, special consideration, appeals, grade changes, complaints, at risk students etc.)
The successful candidate will have a background in a discipline related to the Diploma of Accounting Commerce and Business Administration. Expertise across a range of units or multiple fields or disciplines will be considered an advantage.
Also, you will have a high level of attention to detail, strong interpersonal and office skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this, and your CV, as part of the application process:
- Postgraduate qualifications in a discipline relevant to the Diploma of Accounting Commerce and Business Administration or Education
- At least 5 years full time equivalent face to face teaching experience which includes working with students from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and operate efficiently within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing programs, curricula and assessment within the Higher Education sector and measuring learning outcomes
- Extensive experience in quality assurance of assessment and outcomes
- Experience using and integrating new learning technologies within a program or curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high performing team
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $117,304 to $123,892 p.a. (Level 9) plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, 2-year fixed term contract, start July 2018
Specific Role Enquiries: Mirjana Jovancevic on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Karina Rende on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Wednesday, 6 June, 2018 at 11.55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.