Diploma, Senior Teacher
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
Macquarie University International College provides Foundation and Diploma programs to prepare international and domestic students for success in Macquarie’s undergraduate degree programs. Students who successfully complete a Standard Foundation or Intensive Program may articulate into the first year of an undergraduate degree while students who complete one of four Diploma Programs (Accounting, Commerce and Business Administration; Engineering; IT; or Media and Communication) may articulate into the second year of an undergraduate degree.
The College offers an innovative delivery model contained within a 6-week teaching term and 6 teaching Terms in the calendar year. Students undertake two units in a term.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Macquarie University International College as a Senior Teacher for Diploma Programs. This role will primarily be responsible for units within the Diplomas of Engineering, IT, and Media and Communication but may be required to supervise any other units offered by the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment, on-boarding and training of teaching staff
- Supervision and management of teaching staff including conducting performance and development reviews
- Provision of teaching and learning support to teaching staff
- Administration and planning associated with unit offerings and daily operations of the College
- Review and development of curricula, unit content, materials and resources, assessment tasks and associated marking tools in collaboration with the Program Manager and the curriculum team
- Quality assurance of content, assessment and outcomes through processes such as standardisation, validation and moderation
- Consultation with students and monitoring of students at risk
- Teaching on units of expertise as required
The successful candidate will have a background in a discipline contained within the Diplomas of Engineering, IT, or Media and Communication. Expertise across a range of units or multiple fields or disciplines will be considered an advantage.
Also, you will have a high level of attention to detail, strong interpersonal and office skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this, and your CV, as part of the application process:
- Postgraduate qualifications in a field or fields relevant to the Diplomas of Engineering, IT, and/or Media and Communication. (Expertise across multiple units or disciplines will be considered as an advantage)
- Extensive teaching experience (at least 5-years full time equivalent) in a relevant discipline. (In your answer to this selection criterion, you must clearly list all College Units you are qualified to teach and have experience teaching)
- Experience teaching students from non-English speaking backgrounds in a range of Australian contexts
- Demonstrated experience in writing and administration of assessment tasks including management of results and involvement in standardisation, moderation, validation and other quality assurance practices
- Experience in curriculum design and development
- Experience in administration of a unit or program as a subject lead, convenor or similar, which encompasses provision of guidance to and collaboration with other teaching and administrative staff
- Proficient MS Office skills and demonstrated experience providing administrative support, ideally in an academic environment
Salary Package: From $104,705 to $108,664 p.a. (Step 1-3) plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, 2-year fixed term contract, start July 2018
Specific Role Enquiries: Kimberley Duncan on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Karina Rende on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Wednesday, 6 June 2018 at 11.55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.