Tutor, Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
Location : London
Closing Date :
Salary : Competitive
Employment Type : Temporary
Department : School of Business and Technology
Mainly London (but possible opportunities for online (home based working*) in some subjects)
Freelance (Term by Term basis)
*Subject to candidates being approved for home delivery
BPP Business School is recruiting for a number of associate faculty roles to accommodate the demand needs within the school across our Banking, Financial Services and Insurance programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced lecturers to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
The job advert may highlight subject areas where we have specific demands at this time.
For the professional qualification (Financial Services and Insurance) elements of this advert, we seek applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- CII Certificate Insurance
- CII Diploma in Insurance
- CII Award in London Market
- CISI Diploma
- CISI Chartered Wealth Manager
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
- CISI Investment Advice Diploma
- Capital Markets Programme (formerly the Certificate in Investments)
- CISI Investment Operations Certificates (IOC)
- Corporate Finance Qualification (CFq)
- CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance
- CISI Diploma in Investment Operations
- Retail Distribution Review (RDR)
- Professional Banker Certificate
The role of faculty in the Business School is to ensure that students in the Business School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition and module leadership.
The key duties of Associate Faculty on these programmes will be teaching (face to face and/or online) and module leadership. There is also the opportunity to undertake a variety of additional duties including, but not restricted to curriculum design, assessment marking and project supervision across the wider Business School.
Teaching and Module Leadership
1. Provide high quality module leadership and be accountable for the standard of the module materials and resources. Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support.
2. Teaching in either a face to face or online capacity. Usually across a working day in 2 or 3 hour segments depending on the modules taught.
3. Note that some teaching within our financial services professional qualifications is usually in face to face mode. These are usually 6 hours of teaching per day, which are usually segmented into a 3 hour morning session followed by a 3 hour afternoon session. Timings and segmenting can differ in some circumstances, with some teaching being delivered on week day evenings.
4. Managing a local cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme. (This could include marking of formative assessments including providing feedback to students and dealing with student queries in regard to the modules you are teaching).
1. Undertake curriculum development as and when required.
2. Examining, assessment and marking within the relevant programmes.
3. Supervising student projects within the relevant programmes.