People Services Officer
SALARY RANGE: $67,675 to $75,904 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term to 1 February 2019
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is responsible for the effective provision of administrative support to the Coordinator, People Services with regard to coordination of all matters and activities relating to the Faculty's human resources, health, safety and wellbeing (HSW) and related duties.
This will include:
- Providing administrative support and advice in relation to human resources activities relating to an employee's lifecycle.
- Under direction from the Coordinator, People Services (Business and Law), facilitate the implementation and monitoring of progress of the Faculty's HSW Plan.
- Contributing to, and initiating continuous improvement activities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services and processes offered within the team.
- Assisting and participating in the People Services (Business and Law) team initiatives and projects to support strategic goals of the group.
- A tertiary degree and subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience and knowledge of human resource processes and procedures.
- Experience in providing high-level administrative support in a busy office environment, in a large, complex organisation governed by policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to gain the co-operation and assistance of others.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Penny Petroulias, Tel: +61 3 9244 5195, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 20 May 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.