Manager, Student Success
- Continuous Full Time position
- H0809 | $93,276-$112,821 plus 17% superannuation
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 1634A02/201985
The Manager Student Success provides leadership and guidance to the Student Success team, coordinating activities across the university to support students through initiatives designed to promote a deeper engagement with their studies and University life. The key purpose of the role is to lead and mobilise a team of 15-20 staff to improve student transition and retention for domestic and international students, whilst increasing the likelihood of student success in graduating and gaining employment in their chosen career.
The Manager Student Success reports directly to the Director Student Management.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in providing direction and developing activities in line with policies, procedures and guidelines to achieve University objectives for student transition, retention and success.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage a team in a complex environment, preferably within a tertiary sector institution.
- Experience in setting and managing budgets and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in developing policies and procedures.
- A high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and an ability to liaise and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
Previous experience working with students in an education setting or institution and providing information, advice and pastoral care to students will be looked upon favorably. Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the essential skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application.
Closing date: 23 May 2018 (11:59pm)