Peer Support and Transition Officer
SALARY RANGE: $78,117 to $84,361 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 12 months
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Take responsibility for the development, implementation and administration of Faculty projects and programs which assist in improving the transition, retention and success of students.
This will include:
- Developing, planning and implementing Faculty specific engagement strategies in order to improve student transition experiences, retention and success.
- Implementation of the Faculty Peer Mentoring Program, and administrative support to extensions of the program across campuses and Faculty student cohorts.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, Student Experience and Engagement, coordinate Faculty student leadership programs designed to enhance graduate learning outcomes.
- Ensuring the implementation of all University policies that relate to the areas for which the position is responsible.
- A tertiary degree and subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Administrative experience, preferably in the education sector.
- Demonstrated experience working in a large, complex organisation governed by policies and procedures.
- Ability to represent the Faculty and University in a professional and exemplary manner, underpinned by an understanding of discretion diplomacy and good judgement.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Danny Ong, Tel: +61 3 9244 6112, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 20 May 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.