International and Advancement Division
UON is a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. We offer an extraordinary environment to push boundaries and take ideas forward. No matter your professional background, you will find a community of minds eager to work together to explore new ideas and continually improve the way we perform. UON is a place where we encourage innovation, celebrate achievement and reflect on our practice to ensure we are striving for excellence. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotions are just the start.
UON Global is responsible for delivering the university’s international aspirations and the lead strategies of the International and Advancement Division in achieving UON’s NeW Futures 2025 vision. The lead strategies include iLead Plus, Destination UON, Global Mobility and Employability and A Global Partner of Choice.
The UON student experience prepares our graduates to be true global citizens who are capable of improving the future of the next generation. Through iLead Plus, the student community at UoN develops skills in the areas of leadership, global mobility, social responsibility and employability. UON Global facilitates exchanges, internships, work integrated learning experiences, research experiences and study tours to enhance and support a unique and quality student experience at UON. These global preparedness programs and experiences ensure our students are ready to embark on their journey as UON graduates and make a difference.
Under NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025], the capability of the University’s global operation is critical in delivering the Global Partnerships Plan and enabling the achievement of The University of Newcastle’s Vision 2025.
About the role
This position has strong constructive networks and relationships in countries, as well as Australia and has a solid understanding of student profiles in alignment with UON programmes. The Regional Manager, Australia provides leadership in identifying viable new partnership opportunities onshore, including new partnerships, articulation agreements and pathway programs.
Specifically, you will:
- identify, develop and support institutional partnerships;
- develop positive relationships with key stakeholders within the Australian market such as education agents, prospective students and other key stakeholders
- collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- enhance student attraction, conversion and retention; and expand, extend and enhance student experience and success initiatives (contributing to UON’s ‘value proposition’).
This role is fixed term for 3 years, full time located in Sydney.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Clear, proven understanding of the international education market including thorough knowledge of university policies and external environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Highly-developed problem-solving skills, the ability to work individually on tasks and collaboratively in a team environment, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build external research partnerships to achieve common goals and positive outcomes for your institution/organisation.
- Demonstrated extensive experience working at a senior level in administration or customer service, proving your ability to manage multiple complex tasks with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link above. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 8 from $94,839 per annum plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th May 2018