Could you be the next Director of the British Institute of Florence?
Founded in 1917 to promote cultural exchange between the UK and Italy, The British Institute of Florence is looking for a new Director to lead this unique British charity onto continued success in the second centenary of its life. You would lead a vibrant bi-cultural institute that offers English, Italian and History of Art courses to residents of Florence and visitors from all over the world, as well as oversee the development of the Harold Acton library and the Institute’s cultural programme.
- Hold a degree at honours level or above
- Minimum of three years experience at senior management level in public or private sector, or with a UK charity
- Experience in financial and personnel management and business development
- Display drive and initiative
- Fluency in English and Italian
- As legal representative ensure compliance with all relevant UK and Italian laws
- Provide support, analysis and advice to the Governors (Trustees)
- Implementation of Strategic Plan
- Personnel, financial and resource management
- Development and implementation of fundraising and business development strategies
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to lead a unique UK charity and cultural institute
- Work with a great team of international staff
- Live in a historic city with a strong relationship with the UK
- Competitive benefits and housing in central Florence provided
Further information and applications forms can be found at: www.britishinstitute.it/jobs.