Associate Professor/Professor in Managerial Economics
The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management is announcing a permanent position as associate professor or full professor in managerial economics with focus on value chains and markets.
Information about the Department
The department is organized into six sections:
- Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research
- Health, Safety and Environment Management
- Strategy and Business Development
- Operations Management
- Experts in Teamwork
- Section of Economics and management (NTNU Gjøvik)
The open position is with the section Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research. This is a collaboration-oriented section with many internationally acknowledged researchers active in many national and international research project and programs (including EC H2020 and the Research Council of Norway). The section collaborates closely with industry and government bodies. The section’s teaching is closely connected to the departmental master program in Industrial Economics and Technology Management, which is one of the most prestigious master programs in Norway.
Tasks and responsibilities
- teaching in the area of managerial economics with a focus on quantitative modeling and analysis of companies, networks and markets
- research in this area resulting in publications and externally funded project activity
- teaching according to the existing study plan as well as furthering of the research area and teaching program teaching program
- responsibility together with the other academic staff
- supervision of master and doctoral students
- exam preparation and evaluation
- administrative assignments.
With NTNU Digital, NTNU emphasizes digitization as a priority area. The section Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research implements this with a strategic commitment to digitization and the digital economy within the section’s activity areas. Examples of research topics in the scope of this strategic commitment are:
- disruptive changes to market and business models
- new service platforms
- the impact of big data, communication and sensors for the transition to data-driven decision support systems for companies and value chains
- big data analysis and statistical learning, and
- adaptive and scalable (solution) algorithms.
This position is one of three new positions in connection to the new strategic commitment. This position is focused towards managerial economics and microeconomic modeling with sufficient emphasis on quantitative modeling and analysis of companies, networks and markets. The person hired in this position will have a responsibility to research and teach in this area.
To qualify for this position we require:
- A Norwegian PhD or equivalent foreign PhD in quantitative managerial economics. We emphasize 1) numerical (business) economic analyses of value chains and markets, 2) business economics or microeconomic modeling 3) market equilibrium modeling 4) game theory, and 5) information economics – as important areas, and require that applicants have documentable qualifications in at least two of them.
- Teaching experience in managerial economics. The candidate should be able to teach and supervise in quantitative economic methods and advanced microeconomic modeling
- .To qualify at the full professor level documented experience with establishing and managing externally funded research projects.
Additionally, it will contribute positively to the evaluation and ranking of the applicant to have documented:
- Research experience directly relevant for the strategic commitment on digital economy.
- Ability to initiate and manage research projects.
- Collaboration experience with other researchers and industry.
- Competence relevant for the technology specializations of the students in the department’s master program in industrial economics and technology management, (https://www.ntnu.no/studier/mtiot/oppbygning). Applicants should indicate this in their application.
Applicants must have published their research in internationally recognized journals within the research area. Scientific articles published in the last five years with relevance for the research area indicated above will weigh strongest in the evaluation and ranking. We desire an active researcher to fill this position, and consider the scientific publication record in light of how long ago the candidate received their PhD.
Personal skills such as flexibility, collaboration ability and motivation to contribute to a good job environment will count strongly in the evaluation and ranking.
Any person employed without university pedagogic competence and without documented equivalent qualifications, will be required to attend and complete a course in university pedagogics within two years. NTNU offers such courses.
Pedagogical qualifications will also be evaluated. The evaluation will be based on documented pedagogical material, pedagogical education, presentational skills in your scientific work and experience from Ph.D. - or master level counselling, and teaching and pedagogical background of other sorts. Total quality will be evaluated. The best qualified candidates will be invited to do a trial lecture and have an interview at the department.
For further information:
Payment and Working conditions
The appointment is in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
The total obligation to work shall be divided into research within the field, teaching and administration. The division between these fields of work obligation will vary, but approximately equal time should be devoted to research and teaching.
Employees in academic positions who are not already fluent in a Scandinavian language must within three years obtain knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language at an equivalent standard to level three in the Norwegian for Foreigners courses provided at the Department of Language- and Communication Studies. The University provides such courses.
- salary from kr. 548 200, - to kr. 722 400, - depending on competence, in the position as Associate Professor (code 1011), and from kr. 611 700 to kr. 838 300, - depending on competence, in the position as Professor (code 1013)
- Academic challenges
- An open and including work environment
- Attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Applicants must within the application deadline submit these following documents in the application website www.jobbnorge.no:
- CV and authorized documentation of certificates and study records.
- Academic work (normally 5-10 such submissions for Associate Professors and 15-20 such submissions for Professors).
- A description of all the academic work that the applicant considers most significant and that he/she wants the evaluation committee to pay particular attention to.
- A list of all publications with bibliographical references.
Joint work will be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a joint piece of work, applicants should enclose a short descriptive summary of what he/she contributed to the work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an inclusive workplace.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the position is available by contacting professor Ruud Egging, phone +47 735 97612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or professor Asgeir Tomasgard, +47 735 91267 or email email@example.com.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no.
Application deadline: 25.06.2018
About this job
- Deadline Monday, June 25, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Gløshaugen
- Jobbnorge ID 152147
- Internal ID 2018/11417
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!