Research Fellow, Chong Cognitive Neurology Laboratory
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: Level A step 3 ($84,338 pa, plus 9.5% superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
The Chong Cognitive Neurology Laboratory is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to be part of an exciting series of projects examining value-based decision-making in health and neurological disease. The research program studies cognitive neuroscience of decision-making and its impairments in healthy individuals and in patient populations, such as those with Parkinson's disease. Research is performed using a variety of techniques such as psychophysics, pharmacological interventions, electroencephalography (EEG), functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and brain lesion studies. The role will involve working closely with the principal investigator (Dr Trevor Chong) to develop new paradigms, as well as in data acquisition and analysis on existing projects. The role is a full-time, two-year position.
- Leading research projects in accordance with agreed standards and time-frames. This will include coordinating data acquisition and analysis, including the recruitment and testing of research participants in behavioural, EEG and fMRI-based tasks
- Supervision of junior staff (e.g., doctoral students)
- Preparing research and conference papers, and assisting in the preparation of other documentation (e.g. for ethics and grant applications)
- Keep abreast of developments, activities and protocols in the area of expertise and maintaining effective working relationships with a network of internal and external contacts and use these to facilitate communication and collaborations
- Comply with University policy, procedure and protocols relevant to MICCN
Key selection criteria
- The appointee will have a PhD in psychology, neuroscience, computer science, biology, or a related field
- Advanced skills in data analysis, particularly in computational modelling
- A high level of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience in experiment delivery and data acquisition software, data analysis packages and programming languages (e.g., R, Matlab, Python, C)
- Experience in cognitive neuroscience research with human participants using behavioural techniques, electroencephalography (EEG) and/or functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- High‑level communication skills, including the ability to draft a range of documentation, interact with a diversity of colleagues and participants, and maintain confidentiality
- Sound project coordination and organisation skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage time, plan work to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Sound analytical and problem‑solving skills, including the ability to practically apply theoretical principles and techniques to solve problems
- A demonstrated understanding of confidentiality, privacy and information handling principals
This role is a full-time position.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs".
Dr Trevor Chong, Senior Research Fellow, Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences +61 3 9902 4222
Tuesday 5 June 2018, 11:55 pm AEST
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Clayton
- Fixed Term Computer Science Research Fellowships jobs in Clayton
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Clayton
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Fellowships jobs in Clayton
- Fixed Term Psychology Research Fellowships jobs in Clayton