Research Associate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Strong research environment in Applied Electromagnets
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. It is a centre for learning, teaching and research in a vast range of engineering disciplines, computer science and high level mathematics. Academic staff are world leaders in their fields of consulting, advanced fundamental and applied research. Graduates are highly regarded by employers. The faculty offers an intellectually exciting and innovative environment in which to work, within seven Schools, including:
The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering delivers high quality education in electrical and electronic engineering, computer systems, telecommunications engineering, and electrical and sustainable energy engineering. Academic and research staff are world leaders in their fields and graduates of the school are in high demand. The school offers a vibrant culture where innovation is embraced.
The role of Research Associate will become a key driver of our research activities in microwave photonics. It will focus on advanced integrated electro-optic modulators for free-space RF signals. The Research Associate will work with leading researchers in applied electromagnetics, and will have a chance to develop their career further through PhD supervision.
Salary: (Level A) $67,894 - $91,425 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available from September 2018 for a period of 2 years.
To be successful you should have:
- Either completed or made substantial progress towards a PhD in the field of microwave photonics
- A strong publication record in the field of microwave photonics in high-quality journals
- Demonstrated experience in analytical methods for analysing interactions between microwave and optical signals
- Demonstrated experience in the use of full-wave electromagnetic simulation tools, e.g. CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, or COMSOL
- Demonstrated experience in the experiments involving optical and RF systems.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work collegially as part of a team
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Prof. Christophe Fumeaux, telephone: 8313-5667 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/498625/arc-research-associate
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: Sunday 17th June 2018 @ 11.55pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.