Deputy Director, Executive Management and Hospitality Services
The Deputy Director for the Executive Management & Hospitality Services will provide quality support to the Director of the National Training & Productivity Centre, and be responsible for providing industry related training in the areas of Executive Management comprising of Human Resources, Management, Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Industrial Relations, Real Estate, Hospitality, Tourism and Travel, Beauty and Spa, Fashion and Design, Garment and Textiles, Clothing, Footwear, Occupational Assessment, EQ and IQ.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the Divisional Training Activities.
- Engage with industry in establishing the training needs.
- Monitor and report Divisional performance – shortfalls and major achievements.
- Evaluate Divisional Performance and the targets as per the Divisional Business Plan.
- Review the Course Evaluation Summaries and address the opportunities for improvement.
- Consult the industry partners on programs/services satisfaction levels.
- Report on Training Activities, and Finances.
- Verify the Financial Statements and reconcile it against the Divisional records.
- Review staff performances.
- Review Divisional Operating Budget.
- Review Divisional Industry visit feedback and implement the opportunities for improvement.
- Consult Industry partners on program/services adequacy, relevancy and appropriateness.
- Review training programs.
- Formulate training program for the new year.
- Formulate Divisional Training Calendar.
- Formulate the Annual Report.
This is a Senior level appointment, and the incumbent reporting to the Director, NTPC would be expected to provide strategic leadership and direction, act as a change agent, coach and mentor, manage accounts and promote productivity and innovation in the country. Other duties will include preparing board papers and reports, setting and maintaining industry standards, review of training, divisional activities including financials and HR matters, programs networking and advising industry as required and ensuring compliance to all academic and student regulations and ensuring the overall smooth operations of the division.
Bachelor’s degree and relevant postgraduate qualification in Business, IT, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Executive Management
15 years of experience in providing outstanding organizational/ Industry Training and leadership at a Senior Level, including:
- The capacity to develop and implement strategy and to initiate and implement change in a complex, multicultural environment.
- Experience in business development.
- The ability to identify and assess appropriate opportunities and partnerships to strengthen the resource base and reputation of the organization.
- Experience in effective management of staff, financial resources and providing industry related training in any of the areas of Executive Management comprising of Human Resources, Management, Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Industrial Relations, Real Estate, Hospitality, Tourism and Travel, Beauty and Spa, Fashion and Design, Garment and Textiles, Clothing, Footwear, Occupational Assessment, EQ and IQ.
- The capacity to work across organizational boundaries to achieve agreed corporate outcomes.
Leadership style, empowering others, making decisions:
An effective, culturally-sensitive leadership style that addresses the challenges of the role, while promoting the values of transparency, equity and accountability. Evidence of the ability to mentor and empower direct reports and take informed, evidence-based decisions.
Planning and managing for results:
Experience of developing strategic and operational plans and demonstrable success in implementing such plans, with evidence of evaluation and corrective action as necessary.
Influencing and networking skills:
Demonstrable ability to influence the decisions, actions or perceptions of others. The ability to build collaborative networks and deep collaborative links with key stakeholder groups in a multicultural environment.
The ability to organize and present information, views and concepts in a concise, understandable, interesting and culturally-aware format for a variety of audiences, in a way which ensures that staff and stakeholders are consulted and well-informed.
- Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Business, IT, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Executive Management with at least 10 years’ experience at a senior level in industry training and development, proven experience in business development or IT
- Certification: TOTS / Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Association: Membership of a relevant professional body (eg, Fiji Human Resources Institute).
- Knowledge of the Training Industry: An understanding of the training industry in Fiji. Some knowledge of both post-secondary technical and vocational education, as well as higher education.
All applications are to include:
- A covering letter of application addressing each criterion of the person specifications above, evidencing how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. This covering letter will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this covering letter will result in your application not being considered.
- A detailed CV and certified copies of all academic transcripts, three referees, with full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Candidate should state their relationship with each referee (eg, line manager, former postgraduate supervisor)
Applications must be received no later than 3rd June 2018.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/ or e-mailed: email@example.com
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dharmend Chand| Deputy Manager Peoples Sourcing & Placement| Division of Human Resources| Tel: + (679) 3394000 ext. 2639, Email: DMPSP@fnu.ac.fj
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Department of Administration
Suva - Nabua