Student Experience Project Officer, Melbourne Ideas
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus 9.5% superannuation
About the role
This fixed-term project role is dedicated to supporting the redevelopment, delivery and evaluation of Melbourne Ideas, a competition which challenges students to create innovative ideas around improving student life. The program engages students in designing an enhanced student experience using a process which develops their employability skills.
The role of Student Experience Project Officer will be to support the redesign and delivery of a university-wide student competition that supports an enhanced student experience and the acquisition of transferable employability skills across the University.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Have a degree in any discipline and relevant work experience.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be a creative, innovative thinker with experience in customer-centred design principles
- Preferably demonstrated experience in enrichment and/or work-based learning programs within a tertiary setting
- Experience of data literacy and digital design
- Results-focussed with knowledge of project management and demonstrated ability to negotiate timings, milestones and priorities
About University Services
Student Program Development collaborates with service providers within Academic Services and Faculties to develop a programmatic approach to student-facing support and engagement activities. This includes programs which welcome and transition new students into the university environment, and which support them to achieve and extend their educational, personal and career goals throughout their studies. As part of the Directorate of Student Success, Student Program Development is committed to the development and provision of a range of programs by supporting students’ capacity to build their skills, extend their experiences and articulate their employability.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Close date: 20 May 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria