VET Lecturer/Workplace Assessor - Training, Assessment and Work Health and Safety
- (Business and Work Health and Safety)
- 3 years Fixed-term full time appointment
- Teaching Focused Academic Level A
- Salary $63,065 to $94,612 per annum
- Plus 17% and 6 weeks annual leave
- Alice Springs Campus
Leverage your extensive experience in delivering competency-based training in Training and Assessment / Work Health and Safety at the University’s Alice Springs Campus.
The Charles Darwin University (CDU) Vocational Education and Training (VET) Faculty is responsible for the planning, delivery and reporting of government subsidised and fee for service training and assessment to approximately 14,000 students across the Northern Territory.
Operating within the School of Service Industries, the Business (Central) Team provides nationally accredited training to apprentices and trainees, pre-apprentice students as well as the upskilling of existing workers.
As the VET Lecturer/Workplace Assessor – Business and Work Health and Safety you are responsible for delivering training in accordance with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) standards and VET Quality Framework and to the competency standards of the VET Quality Framework and to the competency standards of Training Package. You are also expected to contribute to growing the teaching business and anticipate and respond to industry training requirements.
To be successful you must:
- Possess a Diploma/Trade qualification in Business or Management qualification and the ability to demonstrate relevant extensive work experience in the Business Industry.
- Possess qualification in Work Health and Safety and education, training and demonstrated relevant recent work experience equivalent to a Diploma level.
- Hold a current qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor) and the ability to obtain competencies in additional core units as required.
To view the responsibilities of the role please click on
For more information please contact Patricia Deady, Team Leader, on 08 8959 5255 or email Patricia.Deady@cdu.edu.au
Applications close: 21 May 2018