Director, IRB, School of Medicine
The Boston Medical Center/Boston University Medical Campus IRB is responsible for the review of all human research protocols being conducted at the Boston Medical Center and the Boston University's schools of medicine, public health, and dental medicine. The IRB director provides regulatory expertise for the office, manages IRB staff personnel, interacts with IRB board chairs and vice-chairs, and assists the Director of the Office of Human Research Affairs in the development of policies and processes to facilitate ethical and compliant human research. Our IRB office staff includes 10 direct reports (analysts, IT specialist, and administrative support). We review approximately 600 new protocols a year with 1,700 protocols ongoing at any one time. We have four full-board panels. We review and oversee a wide array of behavioral and biomedical research, including both domestic and international studies. The Human Research Protection program was recently accredited by AAHRPP. The IRB director will have primary responsibility for maintaining this accreditation.
- an in-depth working knowledge of all regulations that apply to human research
- Masters degree and CIP within 6 months of hire required; advanced degree (M.D., Ph.D., or JD a plus)
- experience working in an IRB setting (at least five years);
- experience and demonstrated effectiveness managing personnel (ideally in an IRB setting);
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States