The Financial Services FP&A section is recruiting a Finance Officer to join our team providing comprehensive, customer focused financial advice and support to a range of budget holders within the University.
This role will involve:
- Preparation of financial reports and forecasts for nominated departments;
- Operating standard management accounting routines for nominated budgets, including maintenance of accurate records of income and costs, investigation of significant variances, accruals and prepayments and other journals as required;
- Supporting the preparation of the annual budget;
- Assisting the Business Partner and Senior Finance Officer with financial analysis work and the development of business plans;
- Provision of financial and procedural advice to staff in nominated departments.
- Demonstrable experience of financial administration in a busy office environment using computerised systems is essential. The role requires experience of preparing financial reports and of routine management accounting processes.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate effective communication skills whilst operating in a team to support non finance staff and be conducive to working flexibly to support the needs of Services &/or Schools. The successful applicant must be educated to degree level or have equivalent work experience, be numerate with an aptitude for figure work.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
Please apply online; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quote the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
School/Service: Financial Services - FP&A
Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week)
Interview Date: 07 June 2018