Associate Professor in Quantitative Business Administration
The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management is announcing a permanent position as Associate Professor in Quantitative Business Administration, with a focus on Finance and Financial Management.
Information about the Department
The department is organized into six sections:
- Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research
- Health, Safety and Environment Management
- Strategy and Business Development
- Operations Management
- Experts in Teamwork
- Section of Economics and management (NTNU Gjøvik)
The position is part of the Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research section. This is a cooperation oriented research group with several internationally recognized researchers who are active in many national and international research projects and programmes (including EC H2020, the Research Council of Norway). The section cooperates closely with industry and governmental bodies. The section’s teaching is closely connected to the departmental master program in Industrial Economics and Technology Management, which is one of the most prestigious master programs in Norway.
Tasks and responsibilities
- teaching in the area of business administration, emphasizing investment evaluation, finance and financial management
- research in this area resulting in publications and externally funded project activity
- teaching according to the existing study plan as well as developing the research area and teaching program
- teaching program responsibility together with the other academic staff
- supervision of master and doctoral students
- exam preparation and evaluation
- administrative and service tasks.
With NTNU Digital, NTNU puts digitalization forward as a priority area. The section Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research implements this with a strategic commitment to digitization and the digital economy within the section’s activity areas. Examples of research topics in the scope of this strategic commitment are:
- disruptive changes to market and business models
- new service platforms
- the impact of big data, communication and sensors for the transition to data-driven decision support systems for companies and value chains
- analysis of big data and statistical learning, andadaptive and scalable algorithms.
This position is one of three openings for the new strategic commitment. This position is focused towards investment evaluation, finance and financial management. The person hired in this position will have a responsibility to do research and teach in this area.
To qualify for this position we require:
- A Norwegian PhD or equivalent foreign PhD in quantitative managerial economics. We emphasize 1) statistical analysis and applied econometrics, 2) computational microeconomics and finance, and 3) stochastic modelling and simulation – as important areas, and require that applicants have documentable qualifications in at least two of them.
- Teaching experience within quantitatively oriented business administration. The candidate must be able to teach and supervise in investment evaluation, finance and financial management.
Additionally, it will contribute positively to the evaluation and ranking of the applicant to have documented
- Research experience directly relevant for the strategic commitment to digital business analytics.
- Ability to initiate and manage research projects
- Collaboration experience with other researchers and industry
- Competence relevant for the technology specializations of the students in the department’s master program in Industrial Economics and Technology Management, (https://www.ntnu.no/studier/mtiot/oppbygning). Applicants should indicate this in their application.
The applicants must have published their research in recognized and relevant international scientific journals. Scientific articles published in the last five years with relevance for the research area indicated above will weigh strongest in the evaluation and ranking. We desire an active researcher to fill this position, and consider the scientific publication record in light of how long ago the candidate received their PhD.
Personal skills such as flexibility, collaboration ability and motivation to contribute to a good job environment will count strongly in the evaluation and ranking.
Any person employed without university pedagogic competence and without documented equivalent qualifications, will be required to attend and complete a course in university pedagogics within two years. NTNU offers such courses.
Pedagogical qualifications will also be evaluated. The evaluation will be based on documented pedagogical material, pedagogical education, presentational skills in your scientific work and experience from Ph.D. - or master level counselling, and teaching and pedagogical background of other sorts. Total quality will be evaluated. The best qualified candidates will be invited to do a trial lecture and have an interview at the department.
For further information:
Payment and Working conditions
The appointment is in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
The total obligation to work shall be divided into research within the field, teaching and administration. The division between these fields of work obligation will vary, but approximately equal time should be devoted to research and teaching.
Employees in academic positions who are not already fluent in a Scandinavian language must within three years obtain knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language at an equivalent standard to level three in the Norwegian for Foreigners courses provided at the Department of Language- and Communication Studies. The University provides such courses.
- salary from kr. 548 200, - to kr. 722 400, - depending on competence, in the position as Associate Professor (code 1011)
- Academic challenges
- An open and including work environment
- Attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Applicants must within the application deadline submit these following documents in the application website www.jobbnorge.no:
- CV and authorized documentation of certificates and study records.
- Academic work (normally 5-10 such submissions).
- A description of all the academic work that the applicant considers most significant and that he/she wants the evaluation committee to pay particular attention to.
- A list of all publications with bibliographical references.
Joint work will be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a join piece of work, applicants should enclose a short descriptive summary of what he/she contributed to the work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an inclusive workplace.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the position is available by contacting professor Stein-Erik Fleten, ph. +4773591296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or professor Henrik Andersson, ph. +4773593592 or email email@example.com.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no
Application deadline: 25.06.2018
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Monday, June 25, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 152159
- Internal ID 2018/11408
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!